Request for data reviewed by MHRA in respect to AstraZeneca products
To: Dame June Raine CEO, MHRA, Via email, 12 October 2022
Dear Doctor Raine
Re: FOIA Request for HART:
I am instructed by HART.
Statement re HART:
HART is a group of doctors, scientists, economists, psychologists, and other academic experts. HART is seeking the data the MHRA has reviewed concerning the AstraZeneca vaccine to provide the necessary peer review.
Releasing data so that independent scientists can review it is akin to asking for a second opinion from a doctor, or a peer review of a scientific paper.
The following academics and clinicians specifically request the data:
- Dr Jonathan Engler, MBChB, LlB (hons), DipPharmMed, co-chair of HART
- Dr Clare Craig, BMBCh, FRCPath, Diagnostic Pathologist, co-chair of HART
- Professor Richard Ennos, MA, PhD. Honorary Professorial Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- Professor John Fairclough FRCS FFSEM retired Honorary Consultant Surgeon
- Professor Norman Fenton, CEng, CMath, PhD, FBCS, MIET, Professor of Risk Information Management, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Martin Neil, BSc, PhD, Professor of Computer Science and Statistics Dr David Bell, MBBS, PhD, FRCP(UK), Public Health Physician
- Dr Mark A Bell, MBChB, MRCP(UK), FRCEM, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, UK
- Dr David Cartland, MBChB, BMedSci, General Practitioner
- Dr Peter Chan, BM, MRCS, MRCGP, NLP, General Practitioner, Functional Medicine practitioner
- Dr Elizabeth Evans, MA(Cantab), MBBS, DRCOG, co-founder UKMFA
- Dr John Flack, BPharm, PhD, retired Director of Safety Evaluation at Beecham Pharmaceuticals and retired Senior Vice-president for Drug Discovery SmithKline Beecham
- Dr Ali Haggett, Mental Health community work, 3rd sector, former lecturer in the history of medicine
- Mr Anthony Hinton, MB ChB, FRCS, FRCS(Oto), Consultant ENT Surgeon, London
- Dr Keith Johnson, BA, DPhil (Oxon), IP Consultant for Diagnostic Testing
- Dr Rosamond Jones, MBBS, MD, FRCPCH, retired Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Tanya Klymenko, PhD, FHEA, FIBMS, Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences
- Dr Branko Latinkic, BSc, PhD, Molecular Biologist Dr Ayiesha Malik, MBChB, General Practitioner
- Dr Franziska Meuschel, MD, ND, PhD, LFHom, BSEM, Nutritional, Environmental and Integrated Medicine
- Dr Alan Mordue, MBChB, FFPH. Retired Consultant in Public Health Medicine & Epidemiology
- Dr Rachel Nicholl, PhD, Medical Researcher
- Sue Parker-Hall, certified transactional analyst (CTA, psychotherapy); MSc (Counselling & Supervision) MBACP (senior accredited practitioner); EMDR practitioner, Psychotherapist
- Rev Dr William J U Philip, MBChB, MRCP, BD, Senior Minister, The Tron Church, Glasgow, formerly Physician specialising in Cardiology
- Dr Gerry Quinn, PhD. Postdoctoral Researcher in Microbiology and Immunology
- Dr Jon Rogers, MB ChB (Bristol), Retired General Practitioner
I am instructed by the Health Advisory & Recovery Team (HART) to submit an FOIA Request to the MHRA requiring it to produce all data and all information* that was submitted by AstraZeneca in the application for license of their Covid- 19 vaccine (AZD1222/Vaxzevria) and relied upon in granting a Conditional License for use.
*I am instructed that a full data set and all information are:
- Pre- and post-authorisation safety and efficacy data for this product.
- All information that allowed a “rigorous scientific assessment” of all the available evidence of quality, safety and effectiveness by the UK Regulator, the Medicines and Healthcare Product Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
- All information and full data set that the MHRA stated their expert scientists and clinicians reviewed from the laboratory preclinical studies, clinical trials, manufacturing and quality controls, product sampling and testing of the final vaccine and the conditions for its safe supply and distribution.
- Anonymised data from their clinical trials
Statement on the information
The government has invested millions of taxpayer’s monies to develop and market the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Therefore, it would not be in the public interest if the medical and scientific community do not have access to the complete set of AstraZeneca vaccine data and information.
Releasing this data should also enable independent scientists to confirm or otherwise, MHRA’s conclusion and often repeated declaration that the AstraZeneca vaccine is ‘safe and effective’.
Statement on Transparency FOI 21/1225 – In reply 15.12.21
“….. MHRA are committed to transparency”.
Statement on FOIA
FOIA is to ensure informed citizenry – vital to the functioning of a democratic society, to open the veil of administrative secrecy and to open the agency actions to the light of public scrutiny.
FOIA provides an opportunity to develop a relationship with the public based on openness and transparency as stated by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The principle behind the Act is to release information unless there is a good reason not to.
We believe that the public interest test can be applied to:
- Section 41 (Information provided in confidence)
- Section 43 (Commercial interests)
and that test is the safety of the nation’s health.
2407 people had applied for vaccine injury compensation by August 2022. HMG has now acknowledged that death/serious injury has been caused by Covid-19 vaccination by paying out the first 12 victims from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. I also note that Coroners Courts are registering deaths because of Covid-19 vaccination.
Access to the requested records should be granted within 20 business days from the date of receipt of this letter. Failure to respond in a timely manner shall be viewed as a denial of this request and all legal rights are reserved.